Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Back on track. . .

Okay -- let's get started. The last two weeks have been physically "rough" for me, but I am determined to share my information to help others who need their disability benefits. When finding out you're disabled, it can be a very traumatic experience and is truly a life changer. First and foremost, thank you for coming to my blog to learn and be encouraged to make, "The Disability Decision." So what is the Disability Decision?

Let's take it step by step. You're walking into your doctor's office and wondering about your test results. You meet with your doctor, and he/she says, you cannot work with your condition and that you may want to look into applying for disability. That statement from the doctor is the beginning of a new life for you and it begins the journey of "The Disability Decision." This decision is learning to (1) accept what you've just heard from your doctor about "you" being disabled, (2) reviewing your emotional and financial state at the current moment, and (3) taking action to move on with life -- and to really and truly "learn about yourself."

When you learn that you're disabled, and that you cannot work and realize you may have a need for financial support -- it can be an eye opener. So what to do? I have always planned having "disability insurance" with my employers. But, now -- I have no employer. Again, what to do? We'll cover that in our next post.

If you have any questions or comments please let me know. You can go to: www.applyfordisability-on-your-own.com to contact me directly.

Also, if you want to actually "hear" about how to begin with your journey, the following link is a copy of me being interviewed on The Maggie Linton Show, August 19, 2015 on SiriusXM Urban View-Channel 126. Go to: https://www.hightail.com/download/bXBiaUNIQzNZY1FLSk5Vag
Please note: the link expires on September 22, 2015.

In the meantime, keep the faith and have hope for a new positive life of new beginnings. "It's beautiful crazy, but you can do it!" I did it, and so can you.

No comments:

Post a Comment